Thursday, January 8, 2009

My New Year's Resolution

You are looking at it. Actually, the sad thing is, you are really looking at only part of it. There is much, much more where that came from.

I promised myself that I would organize the basement, including throwing things away and donating to AmVets. To make it happen, while the boys and Caroline are at school, Evan and I are down there the whole time. And then, when Evan naps, Caroline and I work down there. And then in the evening, when the kids are tucked in bed, and after I blog a bit, I head down there again. So basically, I am living down there right now. :)

I am actually pretty excited about this. It is so good to finally be at the point where I am pushing past being overwhelmed, and I am gritting my teeth and diving in and gaining momentum. I do like to be organized and know where things are, and I LOVE seeing a project through to completion. It is feeling good to only keep what we use. I am so looking forward to a basement with a clear floor and an organized storeroom where if I need something, I know where it is and can pull it out right away.

So, within the month, I'll post another picture of our organized basement. (Bet you can't wait!) There, I wrote it and put it out there. You can hold me to it!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Go Sarah!

You have inspired me to continue my purge of excess! Sad but true, we all have too much! Being organized benefits everyone in the home. I look forward to seeing the next picture that you post for the blog regarding your New Year's Resolution!

Love,
mom

Bill Orton said...

Thanks for the clock again; it works out well in my apartment. I'll be over sometime soon to clear out all of my crap from the basement.