Monday, October 19, 2009

You could say this about my daughter...

She has impeccable timing.

Especially when she is about to get sick.

1. A couple of years ago, we were 5 minutes from getting in our car to leave for a camping trip. Thank God she got sick when she did, or it might have happened in the car. Yuck! And I can only imagine the horrors of being sick on a camping trip.
2. Last year, as I was putting the last pig tail into her hair before we left for preschool, she got sick again. Again, I was thankful it didn't happen in the car, or at preschool for that matter.
3. Today, Caroline's kindergarten teacher walked her out of the building. I could see immediately from her pale face and teary eyes that she didn't feel good. She told me that she had a very bad headache. As we were driving the 2 minutes it takes to get home, I asked her if anything else hurt. She told me that her stomach did too, and that she might throw up. Unbelievably, she made it home without throwing up. THANK GOD! Bless her heart, as soon as we arrived, she got out of the car and threw up on our front lawn. She then told me that she didn't think that she should go to her first Daisy Scout meeting. ((((Sweetheart))))

In each of those cases, we averted disaster by about 5 minutes. Thank you for that, Caroline.

I called her doctor's office, and they assured me that she probably had gastroenteritis rather than swine flu. I knew that her symptoms were mostly different than swine flu's, but, of course, I was still worrying. Of course.

Whatever she has, it really knocked her off her feet. She's been sleeping pretty steadily since she got home from school, and has been running a slight fever. Poor thing. :(

No comments: