Monday, October 12, 2009

Peace and Quiet

I take them when I can get them. :)

With all 4 kids at home for a long weekend, the noise level in our house is quite a bit different than, say, if 3 of them are at school. Generally, that is OK. Noisy, but OK. However, its not so conducive to a quiet nap time. So, to ensure that Evan would have a good nap Saturday afternoon, I suggested that the kids could watch a movie or play something quietly in our master bedroom or family room. When I left Evan's room, everything was so quiet that I thought for sure the kids must be watching a movie.

I was completely surprised when I found them all playing with the train set. Quietly. Together. The three of them! For about an hour!! It was crazy! I sat down and had a cup of tea and reveled in the peace. :)

This weekend must have worn them out, because late this afternoon I found three of them in the living room trying to join Evan in a nap. Ahhhh, peace and quiet... :)

No comments: