Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sickie Update

Caroline is still running a fever. However, she was more energetic today, playing and doing a little make-up school work. She might have caught Dave's cold though as she seems to be coughing a bit and complained of a little sore throat. My doctor's office tells me that she doesn't have swine flu because her sickness started off with no respiratory symptoms.

Seth was the next one down. He ran a fever all day today, and tonight his headache got progressively worse, venturing into migraine territory. He was very sensitive to light and noise, and he was in such pain that his stomach started to hurt him. Motrin helped him a lot tonight, and he is now sleeping peacefully.

Henry has not been as bad as the other two, although his fever and slight headache has persisted through the day.

My thinking is that we'll be keeping the kids home from school for the rest of the week. Even if their fevers disappeared tomorrow morning, I wouldn't want to send them back to school with their immune systems low.

Evan is still healthy, knock on wood. Dave is slightly better. And I got a nap this afternoon, which I desperately needed as we've had a lot of late night visits from the kids this week. So I'm definitely feeling better.

So there you go. More than you probably wanted to know about Nosek family health. I promise more pictures and stories soon. :)

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Dear Nurse Nosek,

Wow! Just hearing you share what is happening took me back in time when you and your siblings were at this age. I am glad that Dave feels better and you got a nap in to keep you going through this siege! Before you know it, all will be well. Thanks for the update. We look forward to MORE NOSEK NEWS!

Love,
mom