Saturday, October 10, 2009

Costumes

A few days ago, Dave took Henry, Seth and Caroline to their swimming lessons. That gave Dave a chance to see the kids swim, and me a chance to just hang out with Evan for the evening. I wound up taking him to a spaghetti dinner fundraiser at our school. It was perfect because Evan LOVES spaghetti, and I didn't have to cook!

Afterward some of the teachers had a story time in the library, which was so sweet. At one point, the head librarian read a story dressed up like a witch. At first, Evan was a little taken aback. I had to explain that the witch was pretend, that she was just a woman dressed in a costume, just like he sometimes wears his "Mr. Incredible" costume. He seemed to understand that, and then was just fascinated by her. She left when her book was done, and the principal started reading a story. Evan wanted nothing to do with that. He wanted to go look for the witch! As soon as he got home, he ran off and came back a minute later with his costume, of course, in hand.

If I let him choose, I think that Batman/Mr. Incredible is his preferred look for Halloween. We'll see. I'm trying to persuade him to be a cowboy, and so far, he wants none of that. This boy is all superheroes all the time.

No comments: