Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cheap Entertainment

After yesterday's decluttering of the house, today was the big day to kick out all of the germs that have been hanging out around here for about a week. We washed everything. I am hoping that means that we at least won't cycle through this particular flu bug again.

After all of that hard work, we went out to celebrate. And fortunately my kids are cheap dates. :) I let them choose a restaurant to go to, and their decision was unanimous...McDonald's. Then it was on to the Dollar Store, where the kids got to spend a little of the Halloween fun money that their Great-Grandma sent to them. They were thrilled with the treasures that they found. And to top it all off, on the way home we toured the neighborhood's Halloween decorations. Good cheap fun.

Are you wondering why they were taking a picture in the laundry room? Well, that would be because its one of the darkest rooms in the house, and they had cool glow sticks and other toys with lights to check out.


What do you think, Grandpa Nosek? Should Henry have his teeth checked? (Henry found these fake teeth and immediately thought of his dentist-grandpa.)
Because one child playing a recorder apparently isn't enough. ;) I guess that's why I let Caroline buy this purple recorder tonight. (WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!!) She wanted to accompany Henry on the songs that he's learning for his 4th grade recorder unit. All I'm going to say is that my ears are still ringing.

No comments: