Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer is coming!

It's coming...and I can't wait!

The kids are counting down the days until summer vacation, and truthfully, SO AM I!  I'm ready for warm weather, carefree days, fun with my family, and not having to share my kids with school.  ;) No more packing lunches, sleeping later, no more homework, fun times with friends, camps, zoo trips, days at the pool and at the lake...YAY!!! All of that is headed our way!

The other day my nephew, Robbie, spent the afternoon with us, and with the warm weather, I couldn't resist taking them to the local ice cream shop. 
Tonight we had a total summer meal...grilled hamburger and chicken, corn, and our first watermelon of the season!
After dinner we played some baseball and then visited with our neighbors while the kids, our dog and their three dogs all played together.  It was perfect.  When it was time to go in for the night, none of us wanted to!

Only 11 more days until we won't have to go in so early!  :)

No comments: