Saturday, July 2, 2011

Smoky Mountains Reunion, Part 4: A Zipline Adventure

I honestly can't believe we did this...
but we do have the pictures to prove it!

Dave and I as well as my sister and brother-in-law took our kids ziplining...


ziplining as in riding on a pulley suspended on a cable mounted on an incline. Our inclines were between tall trees nestled in the Smoky Mountains.

As dangerous as this sounded to me as a mom, I felt amazingly relaxed and confident. We were in very capable hands, so much so that I even let Evan ride the first two ziplines by himself!

He wasn't scared in the slightest, and was thrilled to be doing just what the big kids were doing.

Despite Caroline's initial misgivings, it was so much fun to see her gather up her courage and ride all 14 ziplines herself.

Both Seth and Henry caught on to it right away,

and couldn't wait to tell their friends what they did!

It was such a thrilling day!

And as I look at these pictures, I still can't believe we did it. (Evan rode most of his ziplines with a guide.)


That I watched calmly as my children were suspended over such heights!

Here comes Miss Evie!

And Henry...

Don't look down!

There goes Seth!



And Will (giving a peace sign!)...

Then sweet Caroline...

Look at my strong, courageous girl!

Then Annie...

Dave...

Me...

My crazy brother-in-law, Jim!

Miss Callie...

And finally, my sister, Lisa!

It was such an adventure, and definitely an experience we'll always remember!

No comments: