Saturday, July 23, 2011

Smoky Mountains Reunion, Part 9: Pool Memories

When I was a kid, my mom and aunt would arrange for their families to meet up for mini weekend vacations. The destination ranged from the Howard Johnson to the Radisson in Chicago to the Wagon Wheel in Rockton, and we got together pretty often because we all had so much fun together. A top priority was that where ever we were, there had to be a pool, where my sisters, brother, and cousins could play, and the adults could relax. I have so many happy memories of our mini-vacations!

Well, guess what? The resort that we stayed at in Tennessee...
had places for adults to relax...
enjoy breathtaking scenery,

relax and play cards poolside,





and a POOL that siblings and cousins thoroughly enjoyed. :)


Here Henry and Callie could plan their attacks...


against my poor husband/Dad/Uncle Dave,
My brother-in-law, Jim, was targeted as well!


It was cousin against cousin too, with Will and Evan dueling their magic wands.



Such fun times by the pool with those Wilcoxs and Ortons! I think that our children will have the same kind of happy memories from these vacations that I have from my childhood vacations, and I am grateful for that! :)

2 comments:

Monkee said...

Hi Sarah! What a beautiful vacation! I am so glad you all got to spend time with your family and make memories that will last forever! :) We have been well! Just busy and I blinked, and a month went by! Whew! :) I plan to be around a lot more, here's to blogging! :)

Sarah said...

Thanks, Joy!
I'm so glad you are doing well! I've missed your fun blog, and am happy you are back! :)