Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Cousin Mini-Camp

I'm a little behind blogging our Nosek News, but rest assured, I am doing my bloggy best to try to catch up! :) We've had such a wealth of pictures from our summer events that it is really taking me some time to sort through and edit them. So, I'm going to continue to post installments of our Smoky Mountains reunion, and mix it up with other events that I still have yet to post.

One such event was our "Cousin Mini-Camp", so named by my sister, Karen. (Seth was at Webelos camp, and Caroline was at VBS and piano camp at my in-laws' house, so only Henry, Seth and Robbie were able to participate in our mini-camp.) The first thing we did was to meet my mom at the Two Toots Cafe, where our food was brought to us on a toy train.
This restaurant was right up young Robbie's alley as he is a big fan of trains.



Next we headed over to a park in my hometown, the one that I used to run cross-country in when I was in high school. It was recently renovated, and looks beautiful!

This picture just makes me laugh because these three were such monkeys!

Evan was quite the pro at the fireman's pole. The hat that you see on his head has been a fixture there as of late. He got it in Tennessee, and he's very attached to it. He even sleeps with it at night.

Next we went to a museum that has a HUGE train set up in the basement.

It was a big hit!



After the museum, we headed back to my sister and brother-in-law's house, where Karen spoiled us with a yummy dinner. The younger boys went to bed early because they were so tired from their big day. However, Henry stayed up to watch a movie with me, his aunt and uncle. I think he liked being up with the adults. :)

The next day we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. (WOW, does that place have good food!) It just so happened that Chick-Fil-A was having a little carnival for their customers. Henry, Evan and Robbie had a blast! There were jumpy houses,









a giant cow that advised us to eat more chicken,

and a dunk tank.

Both Evan

and Robbie

knocked the poor girl in!

What a fun time! Can't wait to do it again! Thanks, Karen and Jim!