Monday, March 7, 2011

A Milestone

Before--January 1, 2011

After--March 5, 2011

This morning when I stepped off the scale, I was a very happy girl. I've been dieting and exercising for 65 days now. That's about 9 weeks. And as of today, I've lost 30 pounds. :)))

I am thinking tonight about how I felt 65 days ago. I felt exhausted. I felt weak. I had many bouts of insomnia. I suffered from head aches and sciatic pain. I wondered if I would ever be able to exercise without aggravating my back. I missed being what I was in my high school and young adult years, a runner. I felt disgusted by what I was eating and drinking...pop, chai tea lattes, lots of candy, junk food, too much food. I made countless excuses for my poor eating habits and lack of exercise, and felt terrible about each and every one of them. My self-confidence was at an all time low.

Today, I am in a completely different place. I am proud of myself for exercising 5-6 days a week. I am RUNNING again!!! I feel strength through running that I sorely missed. I am actually running a 5K in May, and can envision doing more of that. My brother is going swimming with me tomorrow, and is going to advise me on my stroke. I can envision taking part in a Master's swim class soon. I lift weights, do sit-ups, push-ups and back exercises. (My back feels great! No headaches either!)

I see the food I eat as a way to supply my body with the energy I need to exercise well. I portion everything and make sure that I get my lean protein, complex carbs and fruits and vegetables. I eat 5 times a day and am never hungry. I drink lots of water, and a couple of cups of flavored green tea a day. My energy is constant throughout the day. And I sleep like a log at night.

With every pound that I lose, and with every person that notices that I am losing weight, I get more confidence and more inspiration in what I am doing.

God bless Tosca Reno and her Eat-Clean Diet!

2 comments:

Monkee said...

Wow! Way to go, girl!! :) You look amazing! :)

Sarah said...

Hi Sarah,

Looking good and doing great.
keep it up.

Love,

Dave