Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Seth? Seth?! Seth!!!

One of Seth's outstanding personality traits is the fact that he is usually pretty calm. Not a lot flusters him.

Case in Point: I asked Seth to pack his suitcase before we left for the weekend. When he was done, he was to bring it to me so that I could check it. After about 20 minutes went by, I suddenly realized that I hadn't seen him in a while. I started calling his name, walking around the house, inside and out. After I thought I had searched everywhere, he was still no where to be found. I started feeling panicky, so I started to yell louder. Henry heard me and told me that he thought Seth was going to wait in the car.

I went out to the garage calling Seth's name. I heard him answer, "Mom?" It was a relief to hear his voice, but I still couldn't find him. He was not in the back where he normally sits. I looked near the front seat and found...a leg sticking straight up in the air. Looking further, I saw that leg was attached to the rest of Seth, the rest of who was jammed into the floor area by the front passenger seat. He did not look comfortable.

I asked him, "Seth, what happened?!"

He said that he was looking for his DS, fell, and got stuck in the position he was in.

Apparently, his fall happened almost right after I sent him to pack his suitcase, so he had been lying like this for about 20 minutes!

Was he crying, or otherwise freaking out about being stuck? NOPE. He was just lying there waiting for us to discover him, which he knew would happen pretty quicky because we were about ready to leave. He was serenely waiting for us.

What a funny, but also very patient and calm little boy!

No comments: