Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Lunchbox Picnic

One morning last week, I took the kids to get their lunchboxes for school. While all of the kids were excited about it, Caroline was especially so because she was able to choose her FIRST EVER lunchbox. (Because she is a first grader, she gets to eat her lunch at school this year.)

When we got home around lunch time, I left the three younger kids at home (my husband was working at home that day), and brought Henry to a playdate at a friend's house. I stayed for a few minutes to chat with Henry's friend's mother, and then drove back home. When I walked into the kitchen, I found Seth and Caroline making their own lunches. Their plan was to pack them in their new lunchboxes, even making one for Evan in his cowboy lunchbox he got from his Aunt Tanya and Uncle Drew, and then have a picnic lunch in the backyard.

It was a fabulous idea! They were so proud of packing their own lunches, and I had a break from making their lunches. They had a delicious picnic!
Gosh, if they ask nicely, I might even let them pack their own picnic lunches again! ;)

1 comment:

Monkee said...

haha! Yeah, mine saw their new lunch boxes and thermos and said "cool" and continued on their way. Hahaha :D