Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1st Day of School!

It was a success!

We got all four kids a hearty breakfast, dressed, combed and packed. We got them out the door, walking to school, just as our carpet installers for the basement arrived. It was quite a morning.

Just before we left for school, I sat them down on our porch for their traditional 1st Day of School picture. I might have to reenact this shot. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to clean my camera lens.

And then we were off! I love how Evan had to wear his backpack, despite the fact that he was not going to school today. I also love how Henry held Evan's hand on the way to school. Too cute!

Caroline quickly found her friends once she got to school. Watch out, Mrs. Z...here they come!

Look at how big these two third graders are!

Don't worry, Evan and Connor...your turn is coming! :)

Oh my word...I can't believe that they are fifth graders!

Then they were off, walking in to school for a big, full day!

And here's the moment that got me all teary-eyed...my sweet daughter waving good-bye to me on her first FULL day of school!
God bless my kids, their classes and their teachers. I hope this school year is their best yet! :)

2 comments:

Monkee said...

I love how excited they look! I love how your porch picture reminds me of mine! I love how God blesses us with "school"! haha :)

Sarah said...

BTW, Kitty, I LOVE your front porch with the swing! School is a good thing, huh?!