Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just look what my sister's tooth fairy started...

A while back, my sister and her kids stayed overnight at our house. Eight kids under one roof is always quite exciting, but what made it even more exciting was that my niece lost a tooth right before they left to come visit us. Everyone was wondering if her tooth fairy would make the long trip from Texas to Illinois to commemorate Evie's lost tooth.

She did! In the morning, Evie found a little note under her pillow that said, "LOOK IN THE DOLLHOUSE!" So Miss Evie, her sisters and Caroline ran out to the doll house. There, on one of the Barbie beds, was this note:

"Oh Evie! I can't believe you lost another tooth! You are getting so old! I'm sorry I didn't come before you left. I was on vacation at the Fairy Spa! I got a beautiful Pixie Pedi! I was so happy to hear you lost another tooth for my collection, and that it was pearly white! Your younger cousin (Caroline) has a wonderful dollhouse too! I slept in the pink pull out couch. It was so comfy! Oh, and Penelope (another tooth fairy?) slept in the purple bed. We had a great time! Skyler (I guess they had a tooth fairy road trip) kept riding up and down the elevator with a small blue blanket around his neck and shouted, "I'm Superfairy!" He was very happy. Well, it's time to leave! I love you, Evie! Love, Jenna"

The girls were so excited by this, and Caroline couldn't stop talking about the fact that tooth fairies slept in her dollhouse for days! This led to a small tooth fairy obsession, where she kind of became a tooth fairy penpal for a while.

Fast forward to yesterday...the kids were out playing tug-of-war with Moxie in the back yard. Caroline came running in to the house all worried because she thought that they had hurt Moxie. She thought she saw blood in the front of Moxie's mouth. Upon doing a quick exam, I noticed that Moxie had lost her top front teeth, but that new ones were starting to peek through.

You would not have believed the excitement generated by this event. Caroline and Seth were laughing and congratulating Moxie and, indeed, making plans for a note to the tooth fairy dog. Here's what they came up with...

"Dear Tooth Fairy Dog,
Moxie lost two teeth! She's a good dog. Please give her a bone."

I bet you didn't know that there were Tooth Fairy Dogs. I didn't either. This morning, after finding Caroline's letter, I learned of their existence. Hopefully she'll come TONIGHT (since she didn't last night). ;)

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Dear Sarah,
While visiting at Aunt Shirley's today, Rick and Deb stopped by to see Gordon, Nancy and Kirsten. I mentioned your latest blog and Rick read it to us from his phone. He was a good sport to do this. We all agreed that you do an excellent job with your blog.
Love,
mom

Sarah said...

Awww...thanks, Mom and family!