Saturday, August 14, 2010

Backyard Campout

My husband is a saint. There is no disputing this fact. And when I complain about him leaving the toilet seat up, I need to remember that despite that shortcoming, he is, indeed, a saint.

He is camping out in the backyard with all four kids tonight. I briefly considered sending the dog out to sleep with them as well, because, well, I'm NOT a saint, and also just because the thought made me giggle.
I'm hoping that they all get some sleep tonight.
We'll see. Our three year old was being a bit squirrelly. (Have I mentioned that Dave is a saint?)
As I was walking back in to the house, I eavesdropped on some of the deep conversation they were having. The highlight?

Caroline: There are really only 3 things you need in life: food, water and TOOTHPASTE. (Her dentist grandpa will be so proud!)

My husband: Hmmm...interesting theory. What about love?

Caroline: Yeah, that too.

1 comment:

Monkee said...

awwwww :) How fun!