Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blessed

One of Great-Grandma's favorite prayers...

Blessed be the table
and every chair.
Blessed be the family
sitting there.
Blessed be the talk
and blessed be the laughter.
Blessed be the memories
kept thereafter.
Amen


It's one of my favorites now too!

Check out this picture of Seth and his cousin, Jake. They're wearing towel-jackets that their great-grandfather once wore. I think that every generation has worn them!

My brother-in-law, Mark, caught this action shot of 5 kids jumping into the water. Yes, I am including my husband in that count. He definitely is one big kid.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE REST OF THIS POST...WE ALL WERE A LITTLE MOXIE-OBSESSED TODAY (especially me, I'll admit it).

Moxie had the time of her life today. Once we arrived at the lake, she ran out of the car and straight in the water. She swam and swam and swam, played with the kids and her dad, and even worked up enough nerve to jump off the pier.


Unfortunately all I captured was her frustration, anxiety and yearning to jump in the water, instead of her actual success. But still...I had to share because it made us laugh...


She also discovered how fun it is to dig...
and get extremely dirty in the fire pit. Thank God we could get her washed off some in the lake. Her bath tomorrow will be well-deserved.
A video of her in action...Seriously, who lets their dog do this?


On the way home, Moxie was so worn out that she fell asleep right away. She was so sweet that I had to take a picture of her.

OK, maybe more than A picture.

Maybe more like 10 pictures.

Dave was laughing at me.
But honestly, it couldn't be helped.
Sweet dreams, Moxie!

1 comment:

Monkee said...

Haha!! The video of her digging made me laugh! My dog will get excited about something and start running from one end of the h ouse to the other...I call it "stealth mode" :) Looks like a whole lot of fun you guys had!