Thursday, November 4, 2010

Daddy, AKA Vampire Slayer

(Great idea for the post title, Kitty!)

Oh, Halloween. You are so much fun with your costumes and your candy. But you also have a dark side.

And my three year old is not a fan of that. I'm talking about my three year old who previously had no trouble going to sleep at night. I could read to him, rock him and sing his favorite song, tuck him in bed and most of the time not hear from him until the next morning.

Now his bedtime routine consists of the reading, rocking, singing and tucking, but now we've added the extra steps of crying and reassuring that there is no such thing as vampires. Seeing my sweet little son so upset and scared breaks my heart.

But seeing his daddy lay on the floor next to him until he fell asleep warms my heart.
Update: Apparently what his Daddy did warmed Evan's heart too. When Evan and I were looking at this picture this morning, he said, "Awwww...Daddy's so cute. What should I get him for a present? I like Daddy." I told my husband about what Evan said, and Dave said, "Of course! I protect him from vampires!" :)

2 comments:

Monkee said...

Oh how Precious!!!! :) You should start calling Dave "Dave: The Vampire Slayer!" hahaha!

Sarah said...

LOL! I think he'll like that title! :)