Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oops...one more camp

Didn't I say over the weekend that we didn't have any more camps this week? I was kind of excited about that because we would have less running around to do, and could get more done around the house.

I forgot about this one, but one isn't too bad. ;) Henry's going to computer camp this week with some of his good friends. They're learning about Microsoft Word, Excel, creating their own video games and their own website! It's four hours every day, so they are really learning a lot. Henry is in paradise!

Despite a little bit of running around, we conquered the playroom yesterday!! The kids helped me in the morning, and in the afternoon I sorted through the rest. We had a bunch of toys that Evan had outgrown, or that the kids didn't play with anymore, or that were missing pieces. So I just started filling up bags and then putting them directly in the car or the garbage can. :) Normally I would offer some toys to my sister, Karen, but most of the stuff that would be good for Robbie's age was stuff he already has or has something similar. So off to Goodwill I went. I also brought out some rubbermaid containers in which to put away some toys for later. Having less stuff out should make it easier to clean up.

I can't even begin to express how good it felt to clear things out, and to have less STUFF in that room. It is so freeing to only have out what the kids REALLY play with. I am a happy girl!

Now on to Henry and Seth's room...please say a prayer for me. ;)

2 comments:

Monkee said...

I totally feel ya, girl! Little Man's Room toom 6 of the you-can-fit-a-body-in-here sized garbage bags, and two more for goodwill. Ugh..I still have "C"'s room, our room, kitchen and basement....but it feels good to shed the old!

Tanya N said...

Congrats on clearing out some clutter!