Monday, July 26, 2010

A Sense of Accomplishment

Just the thought that I could take a nap if I wanted to was restful enough. So, yesterday I just tackled things on my to-do list.

Aside from playing with Moxie and taking her out, I was getting things done. I painted the guest bedroom, the closet and the risers on the stairs. I vacuumed all of the dust and junk down there (and there was a LOT of that), and decluttered. The basement is officially ready to be carpeted, which I believe is going to happen this week or early next week.

It was such a good thing to see some tasks on my to-do list through to completion yesterday. Like many moms do, I often miss that sense of accomplishment. I jump from task to task, very seldom finishing anything. Today I did, and it felt great! (Painting was an especially good task to do in this regard. There is such a complete transformation when the task is done!)

This week the kids don't have any camps, so there will be a lot less running around and hopefully more time to get some more things done. I'm hoping we can keep up our momentum!

Weeds, laundry, clutter and Goodwill, WATCH OUT! You are next!

On another note, Henry felt his own sense of accomplishment yesterday. He waterskied for a minute and a half (including a turn around dead man's curve!), learned how to dive, and can now do a flip into the water off of the trampoline! He's so proud!

No comments: