Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Caroline's turn...

for scout camp!!!

I took Caroline to a local forest preserve where she joined a BIG circle of excited, sun-screened and bug-sprayed girls.
Her sweet girlfriends from pre-school and kindergarten were there. We packed a lunch, a cushion to sit on, her bathing suit and towel, and a big water bottle.

She buddied up with one of her favorite friends, Audrey.


And then she was off for a day full of crafts, games, a picnic lunch, hikes, and running through water from the local fire department's hoses!!!
She has a fun week in store for her! :)

2 comments:

Ana Campanha said...

I don't know if I ever told you, but I was a camp counselor once, in a place called North Oxford, one hour from Boston. I actually got to live in the camp for almost 3 months! I worked in Clara Barton Camp, a camp for girls who live with diabetes. That was a life experience and when I got back to Brazil I majored in Biochemistry and since then I have been working with different aspects of Diabetes Research. Seeing caroline going to have all this fun reminded me dearly of my camp experience. I wish I can go back someday!! Who knows, next year I'll try to stay a few months in Boston as a part of my PhD. And Clara Barton Camp is so close... I hope I can make it!! :)

Sarah said...

Now that is cool! What fun memories you must have! I used to be a camp counselor too, and I loved those kids so much! There is something about that environment that leads to such closeness. I hope you get to visit next year!