Saturday, July 17, 2010

Beating the Heat

It's been WAY too hot for us to be outside much for the past few days. We prefer an air-conditioned house to outside with a 100+ degree heat index, generally. :) (Even at night it's not cooling down that much. When my friend, Kathy, and I went for a walk at around 8:30 the other night, the heat index was still at 95!)

When Caroline and her friend, Elyse, had tired of playing barbies and house inside, they found another creative indoor activity to do. They gathered up as many art supplies as they could and got to work making inventory for their art gallery/shop. They call their shop "Fun for Everyone" and apparently it's open for business next week.

I love how they enclosed the shop with chairs and how they fired up the cash register. They also sorted their special artwork into Easter baskets, which made for a very pretty and very organized display! I wish I had taken a picture of that!

My other little girl is not a fan of the heat either. When I take her outside during the day, she always whimpers and runs between shady spots on her walk.
When I bring her back inside, she runs to the nearest air conditioning vent. If its not pumping out cold air right then, she'll actually scratch the vent. I think that she's trying to start it up again somehow!
I hope it cools off in time for Caroline to go to her Daisy scout camp next week!

No comments: