Friday, July 23, 2010

A Twizzler Obsession

My poor daughter is suffering terribly.

She came home from camp on Wednesday talking about Twizzler. After my initial confusion, I quickly figured out that she wasn't talking about candy. She was talking about the junior camp counselor that she thinks is the coolest person ever.

She's the counselor who gave Caroline piggy back rides, who let Caroline repeatedly push her down, who helped Caroline make a cool necklace, who made Caroline giggle all the time.

Caroline, in turn, made her a clover necklace and many heart shaped leaves. :)

She's also the one who chose the coolest nickname of all the counselors. Caroline said that she is going to pick that nickname when she is a junior counselor. :)


Caroline was a litte sad when I picked her up from camp today, which was her last day. She said that she was going to miss Twizzler, and that she wishes that camp would not just last a week. She wanted it to last 25 days. Tonight she was crying a little that she wasn't going to see Twizzler tomorrow. She made me promise that we would write her a letter tomorrow.

Poor thing! :( I printed up this picture of them, and we put it on her bedside table. Twizzler is the one right next to her.

I'm glad she had such a fun time with all of her friends though, old and new, and that she wants to sign up for the camp again next year! It was definitely a hit!

1 comment:

Monkee said...

Awww :( I remember a slightly older girl when I was in camp that I just adored. I feel her pain :( Poor thing!