Friday, May 7, 2010

Treasures from Seth

Seth shared this story and artwork with me at the Tea for Two program today.

















Seth's teacher also gave her students the beginning of a famous saying, like "A bird in the hand..." The kids were supposed to complete the sentence. The following are a few of my favorites from Seth. I italicized what he added.
A bird in the hand feels funny.
The early bird is always early.
You can lead a horse to water but not a cat.
Don't let the grass grow too long.
The pen is mightier than a pencil.
You can't burn a candle in water.
He's a wise boy, that Seth. :)

3 comments:

Jim Wilcox said...

You can lead a horse to water, but not a cat! Oh, how true. that Seth is one smart guy!!

Sarah said...

Hee hee! My dad couldn't stop laughing about that one! :)

Monkee said...

I like : You can't burn a candle in water :)