Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy birthday, Henry!!

Eleven years ago today, this young man was born, and I became a mother for the first time.


We are so blessed to have him in our lives.

This morning, before Henry, Seth and Caroline woke up, Evan and I went to the store to pick up some doughnuts and other birthday fare. We came home and decorated the table just in time for Henry to wake up.
We lit eleven candles in a rather large doughnut, and then enjoyed the doughnuts and some smoothies.

Eleven years and one day ago, I was spending my first Mother's Day in labor with our first child. (Amazing timing, don't you think?!) We had made plans to spend the day with my mom at her house, but instead she, my dad, and my brother, Bill, spent it with us in the hospital room.

I labored all day. Two sweet nurses stayed after their shift was over, rooting for me to have our first child on Mother's Day. That was not to be...Henry wanted his own holiday. So 8 minutes after midnight, when Mother's Day was over, Henry James Nosek was born.

The next morning, most of our family came to visit...Grandma and Grandpa Nosek, Uncle Mark and Aunt Nacibe, Aunt Karen, Great-Grandma, Aunt Debby, and Aunt Shirley. It was such an exciting day full of so much love, and a day that we look back on with such fond memories, and a day very worthy of CELEBRATION eleven years later!

We love you, Henry!!

4 comments:

Monkee said...

Happy Birthday, Henry!!!
Thank you for being born!

5boys4kathy said...

Happy birthday Henry! We feel so blessed to have him in our lives too! We hope he has a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

i am just blessed to be a part of evans life

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño Y Tu Pilin