Saturday, May 15, 2010

Soccer Socializing

Evan and I went to cheer on Caroline at her soccer game today. She was so excited to have Evan there, and was telling me on the way to the game that she wanted to play really well today for him. She thought that he could watch her and learn some good soccer skills. I think that he definitely inspired her. She usually is pretty hesitant, keeping at least 5 feet between her and the ball most of the time. ;) She was more aggressive today, getting closer and kicking the ball a lot. And she ALMOST scored a goal! I told her that we're bringing Evan next week too, LOL.

She has a lot of fun playing soccer. However, her favorite part of it is not the actual soccer part. She probably likes the SNACKS and the SOCIALIZING part a little bit better. Today the Red Hot Fireballs played the Golden Eagles, which meant that Caroline and her friend, Elyse, got to play with their friends, Jane and Lauren. Caroline was a happy girl!

3 comments:

Monkee said...

I think that is the same reason my boyfriend plays football... lol!

Sarah said...

Ha! But probably your boyfriend doesn't stop playing mid-game to have a conversation with a friend, I'll bet. :)

Tanya N said...

It must be awesome to be a soccer mom when you get to hang out with such cuties;) I used to love playing soccer when I was a little girl- it takes me right back... sweet summer memories;)