Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where will I find the time?

Honestly. This time of the year is very tough on my ability to keep up with life in general.

How will I ever find time to do the stuff I normally do at night (like paperwork, clean-up, decluttering, blogging) when I HAVE to invest so much time to Dancing with the Stars and American Idol? It's really not a good situation.

And my POOR HUSBAND. He is definitely not a fan of these shows. He is not a fan of this time of the year. Thank God he loves me.

On another note, I just thought I had to share a funny message that I got from my friend, Kathy. Henry spent the night over at her house last Friday (as well as the whole next day). Her son, Alex, is one of Henry's best friends.

Here's her message:
"So I just had to tell you this. Tom (her husband) told me not to, but I thought you'd find it funny. First off, fish fillets (basically big fish sticks, lol) HUGE hit with your son. He ate three!!! He kept talking about how good they were. Then he told me, "I wish we had these at home. All we ever have are spaghetti and pierogi's." I was laughing because they were FISH STICKS. I told him we basically have the same few things too, they are just new to him. And that fish sticks are not really cooking. It was so funny! The things kids are impressed with! And just in case you don't think it's funny, Alex asked me the other day why you bake really good stuff all the time, and I don't, lol."

So, upon getting this information about Henry from Kathy, I've decided I need to expand my family's menu selections. Sunday and Monday we'll do our usual: spaghetti, and then pierogis. Tuesday is when it will get really exciting at our house. FISH STICKS. Henry will be so excited! Wednesday and Thursday? You guessed it...the usual. But Friday? Time to celebrate the week (and Lent)! FISH STICKS. Saturday? Leftovers.

Henry will be one happy boy.

No comments: