Sunday, March 14, 2010

It starts with the sink...

It's surprising how much a clean kitchen sink can inspire.

When clutter and mess take over at our house, many times I'll start things off at the sink. I'll wash all the pots and pans, and then scrub the sink until it sparkles. Even though it doesn't take a lot of work, it looks great when I'm done, and I'm often in a good mindset to tackle other areas of my house. (I can't lay claim to this idea...I read it once while visiting FlyLady.net , which is a website with all kinds of great ideas for housekeeping.)

So, today my kitchen sink inspired me to tackle the clutter and paperwork downstairs and the playroom. Tomorrow I'm bringing a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. One thing is leading to another, and that is a good thing.

Henry just got out of bed to get a drink, came to say good night to me again. He read the title of this post and laughed, saying that he might have to randomly say that in his most serious voice to his friends. How dare he make fun of his own mother when she's being all philosophical about her housekeeping?! Funny guy!

No comments: