Monday, March 15, 2010

The "good stuff" is coming...

When I picked the kids up after school today, Henry and his friend, Alex, were begging for a playdate. I had every intention to take Henry over to get his allergy shots, but for some reason, today I just didn't feel like taking 4 kids to sit in that doctor's office for an hour. (That means we have to go tomorrow. Bummer!) So, we played hooky today, and went on a hike instead.

Dave often takes the kids on hikes behind our house. There's a pond, a creek, a mini-forest...all fun areas that the kids love to explore. Today, feeling a bit of spring in the air, I decided to explore with them.
So off we went, Henry, Alex, Seth, Caroline, Evan and I. There were so many signs of spring... buds on the trees, grass greening ever so slightly, water running in the creek (nothing frozen in sight). There were so many discoveries to be made...five kids shouting, "Look at this! Cool! See what I found! Come over here and check this out!" There was climbing, jumping, shouting, running, studying, and just general joy in being outside.

Welcome Spring!! We LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE you!!!!!

**I wish that I would have brought my camera on our hike. It was such a last minute decision to go that I forgot it! I snapped a few after the hike, including the one of Henry and Alex. Alex did have his coat on for the hike, but took it off when Dave started chasing the kids around the yard when we got back. So here's a couple more from after the hike...

Here's Evan digging for worms...

Daylillies peeking out...

No comments: