Saturday, March 20, 2010

What to do?

His oldest brother is at a friend's house. His other brother and sister both have strep throat, so they are not up for playing. Poor Evan is without his usual playmates.

When I saw him doing this when watching a movie with Seth and Caroline, I knew he was getting a little bored...impressively flexible, but bored. So, I got him dressed and brought him over to the kitchen, thinking he could "help" me clean up a bit. Evan cleaning up in the kitchen usually means playing with water and dishes in the sink. Today it meant grabbing on to my leg while I drag him along.
Perhaps he thought the floor needed a little buffing.
He's so thoughtful...
and so, so funny. Is it any wonder that I sometimes have trouble keeping up with housework with a monkey like this hanging around?
Thankfully, soon after this picture was taken, Dave took him outside so that I could really clean the kitchen. :)

3 comments:

Jim Wilcox said...

How adorable Sarah! what a great mom :-)

Sarah said...

Thanks, Jim! :)

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño Y Tu Pilin