Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wearing Orange for Stellan

When I started blogging, I looked around at some other family's blogs for ideas and know-how. I happened upon a website called My Charming Kids. The woman who writes this blog has four children (just like me!) and writes posts about her everyday family life. She is also a photographer who takes wonderful pictures of her children, and shares her photography tips. She has inspired me, and I read her blog every day. She has quite a following.

Her youngest child, Stellan, is about 6 months old. He has been a miracle, surviving some major heart trouble that he had in utero. His heart condition has returned, and after a month's stay in a hospital, had a major surgery today to try to correct his problem. Throughout his whole life, his mom has journaled his ups and downs. People have responded in wonderful ways to support this family, mainly through prayer.

Just to show this family the sheer number of people who are praying for Stellan, some of their blog readers suggested that people wear orange today (the mom's favorite color), take a picture, and send it to the blog. Caroline happily obliged, especially since she got to wear a favorite outfit her cousins gave her. She even drew him a sweet picture.

The response has been amazing. If you'd like to see this family's blog, see all the pictures I'm talking about, and check on Stellan too, just click on this link... My Charming Kids .

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Stellan will be prayed for when your dad and I attend our weekly bible class tomorrow. I remember so well when I was a child, Bishop Fulton J. Sheehan had a tv program. His closing comment was "more things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of." Not only will 60 plus people be praying for Stellan but my p.s. will be "thank you God for my healthy grand babies. "
Love,
mom

Sarah said...

Thanks, Mom! And I agree with you. :)