Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our Easter Eve

What a day! Between playdates, coloring eggs, egg hunts, and an impromptu family gathering, I do believe we managed to do it all.

Henry and a friend went to an Easter Egg Hunt...for eggs that were dropped out of a HELICOPTER!!!! How cool is that?!
Caroline reminded her Grandma Orton that we "always" have an Easter Egg Hunt at her house. So even though we are spending Easter with Dave's side of the family this year, my parents had us over for that egg hunt their granddaughter requested.

Evan has a bit of a sweet tooth. After he had his fair share of candy from the egg hunt, he decided to take all of the candy out of his eggs, under my watchful eye. He would bring each piece of candy to me and ask me, "I eat the candy?" I would answer, "No, Evan. We are all done with the candy." With that, he would throw his candy in his bucket and respond, "I don't want it." Ohhhhhh, I get it. You didn't want it anyway, huh, Evan?!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Thank God for Miss Caroline's excellent memory of past Easter Egg Hunts! Grandpa didn't even flinch at Evan's romping over the newly tilled soil in the back yard garden. What a nice surprise for us to share a little bit of Easter with you.
Love,
mom