Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Seth is Sick with Strep...

This poor boy. He's had a slight cough for the past couple of days, but until he came home from CCD yesterday, I didn't think that it was anything more than a little cold. However...as soon as he walked in the door and his eyes met mine, I knew he was sick. His eyes just didn't look right. He told me his head was pounding and his throat hurt. I told Dave right there that we'd probably need to take him in to the doctor for a strep test in the morning.

Poor thing...he had a rough night, despite taking regular doses of Tylenol. So, I got all the kids in the car at 7:30 this morning (no small feat) to head to the doctor's office. After looking at Seth, and hearing his symptoms, he almost confirmed that it was Strep before he even did the culture. (Seth told him that he felt like he had a bee in his throat...OUCH!) The test came back positive.

So, we dropped Henry off at school, and headed over to the grocery/drug store to pick up Seth's prescription. We stocked up on chicken noodle soup, popsicles, yogurt, and juice as well as three movies to keep Seth resting happily. He was so funny. He wanted the soup right away when we got home...at 10:00. I set him up. It was fun to pamper him. :)

The kids, even Evan, watched the movies together (although on seperate couches, of course). Having the day where we had to stay home, I actually got a few things done. One of the things that I was going to do was to look up the number for the local food pantry, as I had a lot of food that I had cleared from our pantry that we weren't eating. I had loaded the food in the back of my van, and then sat down to dinner with the kids. Lo and behold, the doorbell rings. It was a few girls from the high school basketball team. Guess what they were collecting? Would you believe food for the local food pantry?! Now that is efficient, young food pantry fairies coming to my door. Isn't it amazing how things work sometimes?

No comments: