Monday, December 22, 2008

A Christmas Duet and a Dual Meaning

We went to my brother-in-law's (Jim) family Christmas party last night. Fun time had by all...Caroline especially enjoyed hanging out with Grandma Orton last night. She was definitely her Grandma's shadow. Here they are snuggling and singing a Christmas tune for you...

We drove there in a car that we just bought from Dave's brother and sister-in-law (Mark and Nacibe, thanks, you two!), and the kids were all excited about our "new to us" car. They were excited about funny little things like, "Oh, look...my seat has a light by it...look, it has a hook so I can hang my toys...and I can sit next to Evan without him grabbing my books (bucket seats)!"

Henry, in particular, noticed that we now have a compass and thermometer in our car. While we were driving, he said, "Mom and Dad, its -4 degrees outside!" It was a terribly cold night, with windchills, I believe, in the -30s. Ugh! Henry then asked this question, "There's a 'NW' right by the temperature. What does that mean, Nasty Weather?" Yup, that AND North West, Henry, hee-hee!

No comments: