Sunday, December 7, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrr.......

The kids were actually outside for most of the afternoon today. I couldn't believe it...you'd think that they would have turned into snowmen! I guess when you are constructing 4 forts, it really gets your blood pumping, and you don't notice arctic conditions. Pictured with our oldest three is our neighbor friend, Jake, who easily spent at least 12 hours with the kids this weekend.

Caroline insisted that I take a picture of her pretending to throw a snowball :)
Two stories to share...Our family was responsible for lighting the advent wreath today at our church. When Father Karl asked us to do it, I very honestly had my trepidations. I knew that the older three would be well-behaved, but what would our two year old do? Well, apparently he felt that he needed to add a little humor to the ceremony. When Dave lit the candles, Evan started to sing, "Happy to you" (his version of Happy Birthday to you), and proceeded to try to blow out the candles! You can't blame the boy, can you? After all, he did just celebrate his birthday.

Seth is responsible for leading our family in prayer every night. He has been learning some prayers for his CCD class, and this daily practice has really been helping him. We had been encouraging Evan to fold his hands when we pray. The first time he did it, we praised him a lot. Now he's folding his hands without fail, and each time he smiles so sweetly and tries to catch my eye, as if to say, "Look at me...I'm doing it!" I am, of course, eating it up!

No comments: