Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Turning 40 ain't so bad...

...especially when you family spoils you like mine did!

My mom and dad watched our four kids and dog (who was a little under the weather) so that Dave and I could spend the night in Chicago. My sister, Lisa, arranged for us to spend the night at a beautiful hotel downtown on the "magnificent mile". What a treat to have such an amazing date with my favorite husband!

Dave took me out to his clients' gourmet Mexican restaurant, Salpicon. (Click here to visit their site.) YUMMMMM! It's a 3 1/2 star restaurant, and has gotten excellent reviews. I can't wait to go back!

We then walked around a bit to take in the sights of the city, and then wound up in a piano bar. We haven't done anything like this in a long time, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

When we came home, my mom, dad and the kids had decorated, made cards,
baked cakes (and sprinkled the heck out of them :) ),
and made dinner.
See what I mean? They all spoiled me, and I loved it!

1 comment: