Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Seth

I love him. Obviously, right?! But sometimes you can just tangibly feel in you chest just how much you love your children, like your heart might burst. And tonight was one of those times.

I don't know if I could specifically say what it was tonight...It was partly his sweet smile, and happy giggle as he was telling me about a funny story at school. It was partly his excitement and happiness at having made a new friend. It was partly my reflecting on how his responses to my questions may take some time but they are so often deep and spot-on. It was partly watching him come in and give Evan a kiss good night. It was partly just me looking at his sweet face, his greenish-blue eyes, and the curls on his head as I tucked him in to bed tonight.

I love him.

No comments: