Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Brothers

My mom, mother-in-law, and aunt have often advised me that I should write down memories about the kids. They are right. If I don't write about these sweet little stories, I am surprised how things I thought for sure I would remember start to fade.

So, I was looking at this picture of the boys tonight, and I was inspired to write a few random memories of the two of them. (This blog has been an excellent tool to capture memories!)

I remember when Seth was born how happy I was that Henry would have a brother. Henry shared in my excitement. :) When we pulled in the driveway bringing Seth home from the hospital, Henry was outside playing with his Aunt Debby and Great Grandma. I can still picture him running down the sidewalk yelling, "WHERE'S MY BABY SETH?! WHERE'S MY BABY SETH?!"

We brought him inside and Henry was so sweet and gentle checking out all his fingers and toes. He looked at all his bandaids, concerned that he had gotten shots, and then gave him lots of kisses. It was such a tender moment. I remember him looking at Seth, and then looking up at me saying, "I like my baby Seth."

I remember Henry spoon feeding applesauce to Seth, making such a mess, but so pleased and proud to be a big boy. I remember Henry's giggles when Seth kept babbling, "ba ba ba ba ba."

I remember a 3 year old Seth calling after a 5 1/2 year old Henry when Seth felt he rode too far away on his bike from him. "Henny, HENNY!"

I remember letting the boys have a sleepover in Henry's room when they were 6 and 4, and how they decided the next morning that they wanted to share a room. It has been sweet, most of the time :), listening to them talk before they go to bed at night. Oftentimes, they read books together before they go to bed, laughing at some poems in a Shel Silverstein book or poring over a dragon book.

Little moments in time...treasures in my mind...I love my boys!

No comments: