Saturday, September 12, 2009

My American Girl Doll

What a day for Caroline! We met my mom and took the train to downtown Chicago to the American Girl doll store.

We had lunch in the cafe. Because we had not purchased her doll yet, they lent us one that she could put in a booster seat to eat right next to her.
Here's my mom and Caroline at our lunch.

All of the food was presented in such a fun way...Caroline's meal was in a picnic style, with a mini hot dog, a mini hamburger, a fruit skewer, and a mini serving of mac and cheese!

Here's Caroline's doll-on-loan eating her dessert.

Here's Caroline after she had decided which doll to get...a "Just Like You" doll that looked just like her!

Grandma and Caroline looking through the catalog to see what to put on her Christmas list!

On the way home, Caroline met some littl e girls who had just been to the American Girl Store. They played non-stop.

That's a happy girl!

2 comments:

5boys4kathy said...

She's so stinkin cute. I seriously just wish I could take her home and play with her, lol. I could get my girl fix from her! (Don't think I'm nuts, I won't steal her, hee hee.)

Sarah said...

Anytime you want to borrow her to get your girl fix, just let me know. Wait, are you talking about Caroline or the doll? Oh, no matter, I'll send them both. :)