Sunday, March 1, 2009

Greenalicious!

A few months ago we had a "Pinkalicious" birthday party for Caroline, a theme we adopted from her favorite book by the same name. Everything at the party was pink, and since that is her favorite color, Caroline LOVED it. So, a few weeks ago, Caroline and my mom were making plans for my mom's birthday. They decided that since my mom's favorite color is green, that they should have a "Greenalicious" party.

Today was my mom's birthday! We had everyone over to our house, and we did everything GREEN. Green decorations, green clothes, and LOTS of green food. My sister, a family friend and I made guacamole, artichoke dip, a green veggie tray, green grapes, a green onion cheese ball, pickles, olives, corned beef sandwiches on green bread, green jello, shamrock cookies, and a green velvet chocolate cake. Yum. You would not think that a menu consisting entirely of green foods would be good, but surprisingly enough, it was.

It was a fun day...Love you all, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

Caroline catching a nap before the big party

Enjoying the green smorgasbord

Happy Birthday, Grandma!
"Yum! This was the best cake I ever had, Aunt Karen!!"

And for those of you familiar with the book, Pinkalicious, and therefore worried about our copious intake of green food...Don't be concerned, my mom brought the antidote...lots of PINK COOKIES!

No comments: