Thursday, July 12, 2012

Caroline at Camp Timber-Lee

I'm so excited for my daughter!  Today she went to her first sleep-over camp with some of her friends!  At 6:30 AM, my friend Lisa picked up Caroline and me, and we traveled up to Camp Timber-Lee.  Caroline was so happy to pass the time in the two-hour drive up there with her sweet friend, Audra.  Here they are when we finally arrived!
Caroline got to bunk up with three of her good friends.  Here she is on her bunk!
A self portrait of my favorite daughter and me!
Their home away from home for the next three days!
This is their meeting room in the center of the lodge right outside of their room.
Bunkmates!
Elyse (second from the left) and her mom picked up these cool shirts for the girls to wear on the first day of camp!
Caroline and her counselor, Abby
The girlies outside of their lodge, the Ponderosa Pines!
The mess hall
The cafeteria
The outdoor chapel
The beach
I am happy to report that Caroline is not suffering any homesickness. :)  The camp takes pictures of the kids in their activities (like the following one) and publishes them on a website for parents.  It's reassuring to see their smiling faces and to see that they are having a blast!
They look like they are having so much fun that I wish I could be a camper again!  Love you, Peanut!

No comments: