Friday, August 26, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

Today Evan and I went with our good friends Matthew and Suzy to a neat little zoo. It was fabulous because we always love hanging out with them, the zoo was close by and filled with fun animals the boys love, and the admission was free!

(I have to say right now...I am going to cherish this year with Evan. He is my last one at home during the school day, and I am going to miss him terribly when he goes to kindergarten next year. Is it wrong that I am already stressing about that now? :) So we are going to go on a lot of outings and do lots of stuff together, and just soak this sweet time up.)

Here's Evan and Matthew looking at American Bald Eagle together. I love how Matthew has his hand on Evan's back!

You can't begin to imagine how impressed the boys were at the size of this python.

And then, whoa, check this out! They saw a REAL alligator!

They both got to pet a bearded dragon. Henry will be so jealous. He wants one for Christmas. Oh my word, I'm not really sure about that one.

This green iguana was so funny! He was really interacting with the boys, watching every move they made and moving where ever they would go.

After seeing a few more animals, we went to a beautiful and HUGE park, nestled in an oak forest.

The boys LOVED the pirate ship!

The last stop was a building that housed mastadon bones that were found when a pond was being dug out.

What a fun day, Evan and Matthew!

1 comment:

Monkee said...

How exciting! :) They look like they had a great time! :)