Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Super Swimmer Seth

Seth, not to be outdone by his big brother, wanted to show off his swimming speed. I told him that I would be videotaping him, and I have to say, he really gave quite a performance. In this clip, I love how he is so focused on his speed, so intense, he has no time to take a breath. (Maybe we should have him talk to Uncle Aaron about this!) His teacher said that he is a very smooth and strong swimmer, listens well and is progressing nicely. Way to go, Seth!

On the way home from swimming lessons, the kids wanted me to tell them stories about when I was a child. I told a couple, but then I was having a little nostalgic moment, remembering when my dad would tell me stories of when he was a young boy. So I launched into the story my dad used to tell about meeting up with a skunk, and told it with such enthusiasm that the kids asked me to tell it again a few times. They also started telling stories about when they were "little," which made me giggle.

Another cute moment from today...I hosted Evan's playgroup today, and those two year olds had a great time together. When it was time to go, and all the kiddos were putting on their shoes and coats, I told Evan to say goodbye to his friends. He said, "Bye Friends!," and proceeded to hug and kiss everyone, even petting some on the head. That set off an avalanche of hugs and kisses between all of them that had to have lasted a couple of minutes. It was all so sweet, and if I wasn't so caught up in the moment and just soaking it in, I would have grabbed my camera and video'd it. Hopefully next week we'll have a repeat, and I'll have something to make you smile. :)

No comments: