Thursday, November 6, 2008

Caroline's Big Sleepover

Caroline has been begging me to let her sleepover at a friend's house. She'll have a playdate with a friend, and literally every time she comes home, she has been scheming to sleepover. She is also a little jealous of her family members that get to share a room. She says its "no fair" that mommy and daddy share a room, Henry and Seth share, and she and Evan have to have their own rooms.

So I suggested that she have a sleepover in the boys' room last night (being that the kids didn't have school the next day because of parent-teacher conferences). She was thrilled! She talked about it, to EVERYONE, all day. She even mentioned it to the checkout lady at Jewel. She was so excited to use her new princess sleeping bag, and snuggled right between her brothers. Ofcourse, when I put them to bed, they were a little wired, to say the least. I was listening outside their door when they were talking to eachother before they went to sleep. Henry was being all "big-brotherly," reading to her, and assuring Caroline that if she got scared, she could wake him up. :) I thought they would never settle down. But they did. When all was quiet, finally, I had to sneak in to take another picture. (I love looking at them when they are sleeping!) Seth had crawled back into his bed, smart boy!

They've already asked if they could do it again, tonight!



Addendum: I'm such a softie...they had another sleepover, in Caroline's room this time!

No comments: