Saturday, November 29, 2008

More Deep Thoughts...by Seth

I have to admit...I always have taken a lot of pictures. I am always taking about 14 shots with my camera when probably one or two would do it.
Seth has a mind of his own, and definitely diverges from his mother's way of thinking at times. One of my favorite stories about him was when I was furiously trying to document his first day of Kindergarten. I took pictures of him at breakfast, getting his backpack on, sitting on our front bench, walking to school with his big brother, waiting in line, with his teacher, with his friends.
Apparently I was driving the poor child nuts, and upon my taking the 433rd picture that morning, Seth asked me, "Mom, why are you taking so many pictures?"
I told him, "Well, Seth, we have to take lots of pictures so that we can remember your first day of Kindergarten."
He responded (rather quickly I thought), "Moooommmm, I can remember the first day of Kindergarten with just one picture."
I remembered that line when I took about ten pictures of the kids setting up the Christmas tree tonight. And he didn't complain. He must be getting used to me by now. :)

2 comments:

Bill Orton said...

I can definitely sympathize with Seth. I'm sure you could do a flip book with all of the pictures that you've taken of him. But hey, I'm sure that he'll be thankful for them later in life.

Mary Ellen said...

That comment was prompted...no doubt by the fact that your dear mother took millions of pictures of you. It seems to me you felt the same way as Seth and expressed it countless times.

mom