Saturday, October 29, 2011

Party at Seth's house!!

Yes, it was a month and four days after Seth's real birthday. However, last night we had a birthday honoring our favorite ten year old with all of his favorite friends. I had decided that we needed to wait until all of the fall sports were mostly done, so I told Seth that by the end of October we would have a party for him. We just made it! :)

When I picked Seth up from school, he could hardly contain his excitement. He helped me decorate and set up for his party, and even dusted and cleaned a little for me too. Unfortunately, as you can see, he missed a few cobwebs. ;)



When his friends arrived, they played a little basketball, and a little "tackle Mr. Nosek."

Then it was time for Seth's favorite food and drink...pizza and root beer, mmmm!

Seth loves his friends...Matthew...

Will...

Mason and Giancarlo...


as well as Jack and Patrick!



Seth requested a "cookie cake".

Here's the whole crew right before we sang "Happy Birthday" to Seth.

Then it was time to open presents. I love Seth and Will's laughing faces in this picture.

Mason, Seth and Gian

The whole crew again...I think this is my favorite picture from the whole night. I told Seth that we might frame it for his room. :)

We played a few of Aunt Debby's Minute to Win It Halloween games. Here's Mason doing a fine job at the Frankenstein walk.

Evan was suprisingly good at this game too!

Will was pretty quick at picking up the scary ingredients with his straw for the Witch's Stew game.

Seth really "shook his Boooo-ty" to get all of the ping-pong balls out of the kleenex box attached to his back.

Seth wanted to show his friends the Party Rock Anthem Halloween house on the computer. They loved it!

At the end of the night, the kids snuggled up in their sleeping bags to watch Captain America, which was just released on DVD. The kids were so excited to see it! Caroline and I made sure they were well supplied with popcorn, and then she and I went upstairs to the master bedroom to watch Cats and Dogs. Since I had been getting up at 5 every day this week, I was exhausted, so I fell asleep watching the movie even before Caroline did! Dave stayed up with the boys watching the movie, and then it was lights out by 12:30.
The kids slept in until 7:30-8:30, so they actually got a decent amount of sleep for a sleepover! For breakfast, the kids had donuts, bacon and eggs, and then played some more.

Seth said that it was his best birthday party ever, and although he says that every year, I always love to hear it! :)

Happy birthday, Seth!

No comments: