Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Henry's First Cross Country Meet

I love my son. I love cross country running. Put the two together, and you have a happy Sarah this afternoon!

We are so proud of Henry! He ran in his first ever cross country meet today, and his whole family came out to cheer him on. Doesn't he look sharp in his racing uniform?


Seeing Henry and his friend, Alex, push themselves harder than they thought they could, seeing them support each other, and cheering them on during their 2 mile race was such a thrill.


Taking in all of the sights and sounds of the meet also brought back so many sweet memories of my own cross country days.



The last picture and this one was at the start of the race...

and this was on Henry's first lap around the course. He and Alex looked really strong.

Not only can Alex run, but he can also smile for the camera while running past.

Look at my boy go!

I am thankful for this sport that is challenging Henry to be fit, set goals, and get confidence from all of his hard work.
Awesome job, Henry!

No comments: