Tuesday, June 21, 2011

There's so much to post...

I don't even know where to begin! And that's the honest truth.

We're back from our family reunion vacation to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee! We had such an amazing time that I know that I am going to struggle to find the words that will adequately describe what this past week meant to me. My family rocks, pure and simple. Love you all!

My cousin, Mary, created a website on Shutterfly where we can share our pictures, and to this date, 1,207 pictures have been posted!!! I have a wealth of pictures to choose from to put in a blog post (or 40!), and have so enjoyed looking through them. It might take me a while to figure it all out, but I am definitely looking forward to putting it all together. Vacation post: Coming soon!!

What have we been up to since we've gotten back? We've spent a day at the lake with Dave's side of the family. (I love Sundays at the lake with them!) My mother and father-in-law brought Moxie back for us. They had taken care of her this week for us, and we so appreciate their doing that. They also took Caroline home with them for this week, where she'll be going to VBS an piano camp with her cousin, Nadia. To say that Caroline was excited would be a HUGE understatement!

Then, yesterday it was back home for post-vacation chores...endless laundry, putting everything away, answering emails and returning phone calls, and running a few errands. When we got back home, Evan saw his friend, Ryan, playing outside. Oh, what a sweet reunion! They definitely missed each other. Ryan's mom said that he was kind of stalking our house! :) We invited Ryan over to play, but after about an hour and a half, Evan started complaining of a head ache. I wondered if he was just overtired from the vacation and all of the partying with his cousins. However, because I wasn't sure if he might actually be getting sick, I laid him down on the couch and walked Ryan back to his house next door. When I came back home, I saw this...
The poor kid fell asleep holding his aching head. :(

When he woke up feeling better and then ate a nice dinner, I felt reassured that he was just overtired.

WRONG.

He woke up in the middle of the night running a fever and throwing up. This morning he still feels pretty crummy and has been sleeping a lot.

Would you please say a prayer for him that he gets better soon and can reunite with his best buddies Ryan and Connor that he's been pining for, and that this bug stays away from his brothers? Seth is going to his Webelos camp with his Dad on Wednesday, and Henry and I have a date with Robbie and family :) as well as swim team practice.

Hope you all are doing well!

No comments: