Friday, June 10, 2011

Parting is such sweet sorrow!

Tomorrow we are going on a vacation with my mom's side of the family. (Thank you, Chet, for watching our house!) We all CAN NOT WAIT! The only downside, as far as the kids are concerned, is that we can't take the seventh member of our family with us.

Miss Moxie will be having her own vacation at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Dave's parents graciously (and bravely!) agreed to watch our little furry baby. Henry helped pack her bag with all of her food, leashes, favorite toys, balls and bones. Seth helped me to take her on one last walk. Evan got in one last wrestle session. Last, but not least, Caroline cuddled with and petted her. I told Caroline that I would take a picture of her and Moxie, and that whenever she wanted to look at it, she could just tell me.

After we visited for a while, and we shared with Grandma and Grandpa all of the tricks of Moxie's trade ;), it was time to say good bye. As we loaded Moxie into their car, I could tell that Caroline was getting a little teary. When they left, her tears grew bigger. It was so sweet to see her Daddy swoop her up and console her. :)

Even though I'm sure she'll miss us, Miss Moxie is going to have a fabulous time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Maybe she'll catch up on a little sleep, what with 4 kids not crawling all over her all the time! I'm saying a few prayers, though, that she minds her manners! And we're looking forward to seeing her wag her little tail off when we get back!

No comments: