Sunday, May 22, 2011

An accomplishment to share

Evan and one of his best buddies, Ryan, LOVE to ride their bikes. A couple of weeks ago, Ryan learned how to skid to a stop, making an actual mark on the sidewalk. Evan was quite impressed. I wanted Evan to learn how to skid because he needed to get better at stopping on his bike. The fact that Ryan could do it, and that anything Ryan does is cool was all of the encouragement Evan needed.

Imagine Evan's delight when he figured it out the other day! He was stopping people on the sidewalk to show them his skid marks. And fortunately Dave was working from home, so Evan could drag his daddy outside to show him his big accomplishment!
It might not seem like big news, but believe me, it was. It rocked Evan's world.
I wonder...will this young man learn how to ride his bike without training wheels this summer? Dave seems to think so, and Evan might be ready, but I'm not so sure that I am. ;)

No comments: